Select a Category
Build Author SOA Views 50640
GridBot Two: Powerfully Simple
Core XY, sensor-less homing, integrated camera, touch screen, pi, 32-bit controller, fast, quiet, beautiful prints. 300 x 300 x any build volume. Just change out the Z lead screws, rods, and four pillars. Total BOM around $700 USD. Build time around 6 hours.
Build Author devloop Views 41140
5 X 5 Plasma SIMPLE Build
5 X 5 Plasma table...Hypertherm 45 XP....CandCNC....Openbuilds
Build Author ADarkGerm Views 27920
Linear Rotational Art.
One Linear Actuator covering two dimensions, WHAT!
Build Author Sonny Lowe Views 27096
MakerSL MSL-5 Cantilevered 3D Printer
This is a simple cantilevered 3D Printer. It is designed around the OB V-Slot linear rails. I am trying to simplify this as much as possible, all rails will be 250mm long and only one will require cutting (it will be cut in half). The printer will use all OB wheels and gantry plates where applicable, all other plates can be either Laser Cut or 3D Printed (files will be provided for both). I am not set on electronic as of yet, but plan to use a single control board...no Arduino/Ramps control.
Build Author James Archer Views 10293
Archer - An extendable all metal 3D printer
This is an all metal build using OpenBuilds V-Slot linear rails to produce a high quality and cost effective 3D printer. The printer is designed to be scalable for your desired build area and can utilize high quality hotends with 16mm groove mounts such as E3D.
Build Author jkenn13 Views 9609
The purpose of this build is to create a simple, strong modular build that is rugged enough to cut out some of the softer metals along with wood and plastics. Using basic parts like the universal plates, t-nuts and v- wheels coupled with the strength of C-Beam I am sure this will deliever the desired results!!
Build Author SteamLabs Views 5108
Simple design with a large build volume - 450x450x450
Build Author idegraaf Views 3094
Simple cnc with 5mm steel plates.
Build Author crnrstndes Views 2469
C-Beam Upgrade to Larger C-Beam
My goal was to be able to enlarge my C-Beam with as many original parts as possible. I was able to recycle almost all of them with a only the two 500 mm rails left over. I used 1000 mm rails for the X Axis and I added another complete Y Axis assembly. I chose to keep it simple and I am very happy with the result!