Select a Category
Build Author CharlieShimota Views 9519
Vox Solid State
I never thought owning a CNC machine was possible until I stumbled upon the Openbuilds site. After viewing numerous builds I was drawn to the Ox by Mark Carew but ultimately decided on a build of similar design, Halloumi by Savvas. It's a C-beam design driven by Nema 23 steppers with Acme lead screws. Like Savvas I will be fabricating temporary plates to get up and running then use the machine to mill the final plates. The material I'm using for the temp plates is solid surface (Avonite).
Build Author Christian James Views 1783
Workbee "style" 1010 cnc
This build is based on the Workbee 1010 CNC. It is not a kit build and is much the same as the original but with some significant changes made here and there as the build progresses.
Build Author Kyo Views 97990
A strong desktop cnc router that will enable you to make larger aluminium plates without taking up to much room. Simple, strong and opensource ! Build one today..
Build Author hbtousa Views 753
Quack Ball is a game in which the objective is to knock down moving ducks. The ducks are protected by a barricade that moves at a very fast speed. The game can be played individually or by two or more players. Each round consists of a total of ten targets to shoot and each player will have four balls to shoot. Prior to beginning play, a player selects how many ducks, maximum four, the player will knock down continuously. If player fails games is over for that player.
Build Author Rob Mahan Views 6141
Rob's C-Beam Machine XLarge
This is my first CNC router build, so I started with the OpenBuilds C-Beam Machine XLarge mechanical bundle, including four high torque stepper motors. I took my time with the mechanical build, sought and found some great help for my control system, and designed and built a custom cabinet to house everything.
Build Author TerryLCole Views 2862
CNC design (parts named)
This design is previously posted in this area. I downloaded the file in order to customize as I needed. I found that the parts were not identified. I went through the design in an attempt to name the parts and identify them by location.