Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

WorkBee 1010 "Get Rid of the Slop" Build

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by txcomp, Mar 5, 2020.

1. txcomp

txcomp New
    Builder

txcomp published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Skip S.

Skip S. Well-Known
    Builder

Would you care to share the dimensions on where you drilled the tapped holes on the angle plates to fit the 3 axis plates?
    I've been trying to plot the holes to tap the plates and I am finding that I am apparently dumb as a rock lol
    Admitting the problem is half the battle *sigh*..

3. txcomp

txcomp New
    Builder

If you're talking on the Y riser plates, I didn't take measurements. I put a couple of screws in the bearing blocks to hold down the angle and then clamped the factory Y plates to the aluminum angle. I then pulled the screws out of the bearing carriages with the Y still clamped to the angle and used the factory Y riser as a template to drill my holes in the angle on my drill press. I did the same thing on the X/Z risers. Is that what you're asking about??

Also, you're not dumb as a rock. I generated some scrap aluminum angle with holes in the wrong places too. I didn't show that part though... :)

4. Skip S.

Skip S. Well-Known
    Builder

Yessir, that's exactly what I was asking about.
    Thanks for the response, guess it's time for me to hit harbor freight for some clamps! Lol

#4 Skip S., Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  5. txcomp

txcomp New
    Builder

6. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Thanks for posting this. I had started with Jacobs linear upgrade years ago on the Y. Also added 1/2" lead screws (I have the belt workbee). Was pretty happy but always meant to getting around to upgrading the X and Z. My X belt needs replacing so finally getting around to adding a lead screw and linear bearings. As a matter of fact, I believe I have already cut out the x bearing brackets and have them in a box somewhere. LOL. I also ordered the taller Y plates and Z slider that I've been eyeing for a year. Anyhow, super simple upgrade it seems so thank you again for posting.