Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

1000 x 1000 Workbee powered by X controller

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by gonzachus, Apr 17, 2018.

1. gonzachus

gonzachus Well-Known
    Builder

gonzachus published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

You've done a good job there by the looks of it! :D
    Well Done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Master
    Builder

Nice machine! Liking the use of the x-controller. Good to see that it is possible! Out of interest what is that router you have on there?

4. gonzachus

gonzachus Well-Known
    Builder

I am using the Hitachi M12VC. It is an 83mm router in case anyone goes this route and needs to mount one. It seems to be working well so far and I liked that the RPMs go from 8-24k.

Ryan Lock likes this.
  5. gonzachus

gonzachus Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Gray! It was a little bit of work to get to this point.

6. CNCKitCompany

CNCKitCompany Journeyman
    Builder

Very nice build there @gonzachus I too like the idea of using the X-Controller and Easel. I hadn't considered that as an option and it would make it a good experience for those really new to CNC or just want something super simple that is well supported and growing.

7. dlhoulton

dlhoulton New
    Builder

Great build gonzachus. How has the X-Controller been performing? Can you give any details on what you had to do if any to get the controller to work with your machine? I'm considering building the Workbee 1010 and would like the simplicity of using the X-Controller to run it. I'm guessing right off that one would have to switch around the wiring for the stepper motors ( Y axis) to get them to run in sync. Have you installed any homing/limit switches? Any help or advise would greatly be appreciated.

8. gonzachus

gonzachus Well-Known
    Builder

It has been performing like a champ! As a CNC beginner I was able to get it up and running very quickly. You don't have to reverse any of the wiring, the X-controller walks you through the setup and you can reverse any movement through the software. I did have a few issues with larger carves losing steps, but I solved that by turning up the power on the controller to account for the mass of the workbee.

I haven't had as much luck with the limit/homing switches though. I believe that the x-carve has theirs in different places so I cannot guarantee that they are compatible. It has been low on my priority list though, I haven't been carving at the outer edges of my capability and I haven't rammed the edge yet.

I hope that helps.

MaryD likes this.
  9. DOBIJA

DOBIJA New
    Builder

Witam serdecznie mały sprzęt i wentylator moich frezarek, ale niestety nie stać mnie na to, ponieważ jest to życie, które muszę zatrzymać i nigdy nie żałować takiej sumy, jeśli moje marzenie ma taką frezarkę.

Pozdrawiam właścicieli CNC z fantastycznymi pomysłami.