Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee 1000x1000 mm screw driven Full Kit From Ooznest

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Vincent Walsarie, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Vincent Walsarie

Builder

Vincent Walsarie published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. GeoffH

GeoffH Journeyman
    Builder

Hi Vincent, you've done a great job and I agree with your positive comments about Ooznest, they're great!
    Regarding the $h sorry can't help with that one, I never got around even to fitting limit switches to my C-beam XL. In my opinion, a home function is not too much use, when you start cutting you will position your material somewhere on the bed such that you can reach all the regions to be cut, then you jog the tool in X Y to a convenient place on the workpiece; most often I use lower left corner, sometimes the centre. Then I jog the tool in Z until it's less than 1mm from the workpiece top, measure the gap with feeler gauges and program in UGS macro
    G21G91
    G00Z9.5 (if I measured .5mm gap, I know then that the cutter is 10mm above the part)

The lines of my part program
    are then normally
    G21G90
    G92X0Y0Z10
    etc

I've been looking at using a tool setting gadget to avoid the feeler gauge stuff but haven't found anything yet.
    By the way, if you are planning to cut any difficult 2 & 3d stuff take a look at varve from Vectric software it's perfect for this type of machine.

3. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Hi,

Glad you have had a positive experience with out machine so far. Could i get a shot of all your $$ settings to double check them?

I a little stumped why it does that aswell, as you are correct it should home X and Y after. Are you using UGS? Could you try another one like GRBL Panel, just to rule it out.

Ryan

4. Vincent Walsarie

Builder

Okay I made a booboo.
    I 've set $27 on 3000 instead of 3.000..... #mybad..

I was already composing an email and had to check the facts one more time. Guess I'm human after all :)
    [​IMG]

thank you Ryan and Geoff!

5. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder