Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

V-Slot 2020 EggBot

Discussion in 'DrawBot' started by David Bunch, Dec 25, 2019.

1. David Bunch

David Bunch Well-Known
    Builder

2. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Moderator Builder

3. David Bunch

David Bunch Well-Known
    Builder

That looks like a good idea. Thanks. How did you attach them to each side? I might try printing the egg holders in TPU to see how they hold up. Seems like they may be sturdy enough to hold eggs.

4. David Bunch

David Bunch Well-Known
    Builder

I redid the 3 main mounts & only using 2-M5x12mm screws to hold them to the V-Slot. The egg motor mount might need 2 more screws, but will try it like this for 1st fit.
    V2020_EggBot_1.jpg

5. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Moderator Builder

I like your TPU idea. I have just never tried printing with it, otherwise I would have tried the same thing you are planning. If I recall, I 3d printed some pieces with flat ends that I screwed those pieces onto.

6. David Bunch

David Bunch Well-Known
    Builder

I am finally getting back to this design. I had some printer problems to resolve before I could start printing this. I added most of the hardware to the design to pick up problems & did find a few interferences that were easy to resolve. The only other thing I will change are the endcaps. Think I will make them single endcaps similar to the way they are now. I want to make another variable adjustment for the distance between the V-Slots using a slotted hole on the one end. Think I am ready to print all the parts except the endcaps & the parts that hold the egg in place. Here is what it looks like now.
    V-EggBot_V9.jpg

7. David Bunch

David Bunch Well-Known
    Builder

I have most of the parts printed now. I started looking at redoing the Pen motor mount to have the V-slot connection on the other side to make it easier to adjust that mount if the egg was in place. I didn't really like the way the mount would look, so am going to leave that as is for now. I was originally going to use an M8 rod for the idler connection, but then realized 5/16" (7.9375mm) bolts will work just as well & would be easier to design for. These bolts are used on the MPCNC machine. I made the egg holder on the idler side threaded to connect to that bolt which is less design than a set screw and the handle fits over the hex head. I did have to use the set screw connection on the motor side of the egg. It might be time to start putting this together. I still need a couple of short motor cables & P/S for the Uno.
    V-EggBot_Section_V13.jpg V-EggBot_V13.jpg