Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

The Plastic Beast CoreXY Printer

Discussion in '3D printers' started by cdsmith12, Feb 28, 2018.

1. cdsmith12

cdsmith12 Well-Known
    Builder

cdsmith12 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Gregg du Plessis

Builder

Hi - So I'm highly interested in building one of these printers - can you tell me, You designed it to use 2 lead screws - but I see you've added 2 more in your last pictures - any further updates? Thanks

3. cdsmith12

cdsmith12 Well-Known
    Builder

When I originally put it together I had a total of 4 lead screws. I didn't think this was necessary and I wanted to use smoothieware, so I went to 2. works fine with 2

4. Triphazard

Builder

I really like the look of this build and was thinking this is perfect for my needs and want to build it.

Just wondered what the youtube video was, as it says its not available.

Cheers.

Trip

5. Kevon Ritter

Kevon Ritter Master
    Builder

Did you ever get this build running? I'm curious about the overall rigidity. I have a surprisingly similar design, but smaller (260x260x435). Except, I'd opt for cast corners instead of printed.

Aside from that, axial fans don't do good as compressors, and can even experience complete flow reversal. There are a million similar part cooling shroud designs everywhere, but how many actually check to see if they are working?! Make sure your part cooler is actually blowing. Check out this example.

6. adonai

adonai New
    Builder

Hi, analyzing project, I feel you miss talk about two things, how did you glue heatbed on aluminum plate and Y endstop... Could you show us?

7. Matthew Austin

Builder

Adonai - The silicone pad has an adhesive layer, so you just peel and stick.

8. Matthew Austin

Builder

I'm curious as to the layout of the print platform. Your specs call for a 505mm x 505mm table, but the t-slot is 505 x2 and 460 x2. You're 5mm out of square. Is this intentional? is there supposed to be an overlap on short side? Just curious.