Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Sigron IDEX

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Troy Joachim, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Troy Joachim

Builder

2. eliteSCHW31N

Builder

Hey there, can you please share your step and stl files?

Muhammet001 likes this.
  3. Vasco Rocha

Builder

Hi guys! ;) loved this idea! Idex is really a handy machine. Make it 2 filaments on one print, or 2 prints at the same time, the interesting is that such a machine can produce small pieces at twice the rate of others, love it! Print 2 colors... love it! So having a cubed machine with a fixed bed and therefore a mass gravity center at the right spot... love it. Just don't love the space we "waste" on the bed to do such a thing like this. The cartesian style on a cubed machine is an old idea i have and currently I just swapped my idea of a Cartesian style like this to a CoreXY because I already have some architecture that will be blended to make a corexy based on the layerfused x301 style. Great machine you have there. I would like to know if there is any 4 gantry style (I know voron2 does it) but that can handle now 2 printing heads in idex keeping the idex functionalities of double print, mirror print and double color print. If that so, I would just suggest to try making the bed a bit longer (on Y)... maybe we could put the motor outside the cubed frame. Now you have it inside the cube, but if you try to put it outside the frame you can make the bed longer on the Y direction.... every mm counts :) And about the X, if we make narrower print buckets, maybe you could put 15mm each side on the X travel.
    If you have step or stl and could share maybe all of us could contribute with ideas and turn this idea into a working machine. Thank you Joachim for this idea. I also love voron design! :) Great machine design, probably the best one around. Keep up the good work mate!

4. Vasco Rocha

Builder

just making sure i am following this project :)