Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

SB Plotter

Discussion in 'DrawBot' started by Steven Busch, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Steven Busch

Steven Busch Well-Known
    Builder

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

Hello @Steven Busch great looking Build so far brother!
    One thing to consider would be possibility actuators for the X axis running in sync, like we do here for the ACRO it would allow you to remove the bracing for the single sides axis there now.
    If you wanting to stay this way you could make it a little stronger by adding a couple plates to sandwich the V-Slot in place.
    Hope this helps, looking forward to seeing the first drawings.
    Capture.JPG

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Steven Busch

Steven Busch Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Mark,

I avoided the bottom X rail/carriage in order to make it easier to store this huge plotter when not in use. It will hopefully live on a wall in my classroom and move to the tables or floor when needed.

I suppose if the Nema 23 motor isn't powerful enough to move the x carriage then I will need to double up and redesign the frame like the Acro. Hopefully I will be able to reuse the existing parts if this becomes necessary.

I also had an idea to have a rack and pinion for the top X carriage, and wanted to make the Y assembly removable. If you have any thoughts on how to make that work or know where to source the rack/pinion gears affordably, please let me know.

Cheers
    Steve