Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Problems New CNC LEAD 1010 "HELP!"

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by PandaBear, Sep 19, 2019.

1. PandaBear

PandaBear New
    Builder

Hello everyone, new to the CNC world. Recently purchased a Lead 1010 with wiring kit. Assembly went together well, youtube videos were very well done, only missing a few things, luckily my brothers Youtube channel "TinkerThings" picked up on a few things missed.

Everything on the build was okay, but initial use of control software to check functionality, I had issues. The Y motor was good, but the Y2 motor would chatter FORWARDS and BACKWARDS. I reversed order of the connections on the BlackBox and that fixed it.

However, when I try to "Home All" to start my calibrations, (looking from the front) it goes to the left, rear. Since there is no limiter there, i have to shut it down so it doesnt shake to death! Lol. (Included pic) 20190919_144253.jpg 20190919_144245.jpg

Any ideas on how to set the "Home All" to front Left?

Also I taped a sharpie to the head (it was wobbly but allowed me rough idea how things were set up) and ran the "HELLO WORLD" test project.

It drew it but the image was upside down AND text was REVERSED or MIRRORED.

Did I mess some wiring up and need to redo the hardware or can it be corrected in software?

Please help this newbie, I hope to make some cool stuff soon!

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You need to switch your axis directions. My guess is that when you jog X+ its moving to the left and not the right. Also that when you jog Y+ its moving towards you instead of away from you. Easy fix though. Go into the settings tab in OB control. Change the invert settings for $3. Save and restart. If you still have homing issues after that, go back into settings and change $23 to 3.

Did you load the LEAD 1010 config before using the machine?

PandaBear likes this.
  3. PandaBear

PandaBear New
    Builder

@sharmstr, ah yes the y axis was inverted, home all's like a champ now. Thank you! Feel much more confident in moving forward with actual cutting. I hope that fixes the mirrored work issue too. I do alot of work with a fiber laser and hope I can figure something out to combine these two machines. Will keep you updated, and hopefully I can post more work and less questions! Lol

sharmstr likes this.