Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Pick and place

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Shelby Teknologies, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Shelby Teknologies

Shelby Teknologies Well-Known
    Builder

2. Shelby Teknologies

Builder

I received my latest order from OpenBuilds today. The controller should work until I can create my own so having the support for additional drivers on the xpro v4 is really cool. I hope to have pictures soon and now back to working on the 3rd version of the head.

3. Shelby Teknologies

Builder

Well due to a shipment failure I had to come up with a new idea for my controller. The xPro v4 A is NOT an A Axis but just a clone of X,Y or Z so this board was not going to work. This will however work nicely for my miniMill which will now be complete....

Since my smoothieboard order got all messed up and cancelled I decided to figure out a plan B. I found the grbl code to add Axis C and spent the night modifying the latest 1.1g Mega release to support the C Axis. I just tested the X Axis functionality which is extremely smooth with the DM320T set at 12800 steps. Now I just need 4 more DM320T which is probably going to be a week until I receive those.

4. Shelby Teknologies

Builder

I made progress on the smoothie board but now have this odd jitter on the X and Y axis

5. Shelby Teknologies

Builder

Apparently the DRV8825s were not a good choice on my part as the above is a known issues with the pulses. I will try the TMC2130s as I would rather use more precision any way but the DRV8825 was just a proof of concept. until the next update....