Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Patch notes for Interface Updates

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by BeeAMaker, Jan 22, 2021.

1. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Where can I find the patch notes for Interface? My end stops don't work when running a job with interface. Want to make sure I have the latest update. (snow storm currently and don't want to go out to my shop just to check version. :) I updated it about 3 or 4 days ago so not sure if there has been a new release.

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

In this case, important to note that Grbl controls endstops... Interface is just a serial sender - sends commands to Grbl - it cannot parttake in checking limits etc
    But it does have a menu, where the human operator (; can make mistakes like turning off hard limits... But that's not going to show up in a firmware changelog now, that's things the operator may have done (;

4. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

humm, Don't remember doing that. But I did notice last night that my measurement units were on Inches instead of the mm that I had set them to. I thought it strange that they changed on there own. - any possibility inserting/removal of the USB could cause anomalies?

EDIT: I have also had the machine go into abort during a home operation. It did this twice now, it will home the Z, hit the limit, back off and hit the limit a second time then error just like hitting the abort in OB Control. (no laptop connected)

5. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

I didn't see in Interface where I could set the Hard limits ON/OFF so I connected my laptop. In the GRBL setting both Hard and soft limits are disabled ?? I know the Hard limits worked because that is how I use to abort, by hitting a limit switch. So I am confused how they got changed.

I should enable both correct?

EDIT:
    The Limits installed selection switch was off as well and found a cold solder joint on my Z. I re-soldered it so good now.

#5 BeeAMaker, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Peter Van Der Walt likes this.