Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Mark Carew, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

Hey guys just a heads up. We updated the build with an easier to understand xPRO controller diagram in tha main build page that should help to see how to easily wire up the machine to the xPRO controllers.
    Hope this helps.

3. Patrick R. Michaud

Builder

My bundle seems to have only sixteen (16) of the 25mm screws (see attached bundle list photo), but the video build instructions call for at least 20 of them. (Eight in Step 14 @ 45:33, eight in Step 15 @ 49:05, and four in Step 16 @ 53:58.)

MVIMG_20180704_094457.jpg

Any suggestions? I'm guessing I can use some of the extra 27mm screws (mailed separately) to mount the NEMA 23 motor in step 16, but I did want to check on the discrepancy between the video and what was shipped.

Thanks!

Pm

4. Patrick R. Michaud

Builder

Actually, at 54:36 the voiceover clearly says "20mm screws" (and the video shows 20mm screws), so I suspect it's just the title slide at 53:58 that incorrectly says "25mm M5 screws". The longer 27mm screws I tried are a bit painful to install, since the spanner wrench can't easily grab the nut from the end as shown in the video.

Pm

5. TrishC

TrishC OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hello Pm. It is my understanding that a second package was shipped to you. The Part Store will be reaching out to you with further details.