Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Openbuilds control 1.0.294 Home all issue

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Marksp618, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Marksp618

Marksp618 New
    Builder

Hi, A Newbie here. When I ask for a home all my machine would return to the machine home position and the control software would indicate X = -5 Y = -5 Z= -5 the set pull off from the limit switches. The control software is no longer indicating that position. Have I inadvertently changed a setting? If so how do I get back to the way it used to be? I am concerned that when I set a work home position the control software will not be accurate during the cuts. The machine does return to the machine home position including the pull off amount, however, the control software does not reflect the correct position.

Thank you in advance

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Its working as expected. Those numbers dont tell you your machine home. They tell you yout work home. The first time you home a new machine, you havent ever set a work home. You'll see the pull off distance in the DRO (that's digital read out... the number on the screen). After the first time you set your work coordinates, every time you 'home' your machine, you'll see the distance the machine is from the last work coordinates you set.

Lets say you set your work coordinates to 100mm in X and Y from your machine home. The next time you home, your DROs will read X-100 and Y-100.

You should start reading the grbl wiki. It will explain everything. Its a lot to digest, but worth it: gnea/grbl