Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OB Lead 1515 CNC Router 2021

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Safetywrench, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Safetywrench

Builder

Safetywrench published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. m10cube

m10cube New
    Builder

Hi @Safetywrench

The idea of CNC and 3D printer combined is puzzling me for years. So I salute your idea.
    Here comes the Sun...says the song but here comes an idea to build a universal controller that can do both jobs.

M10CUBE PICO CNC. A Universal Controller ? · Discussion #18 · grblHAL/RP2040

We do not want to build something already there (most of them are excellent designs) but to move one step forward and to examine the possibility for a Universal Controller out of the box with six axis on board and as many I/Os we need.
    That dictates for a modular motion system not easy to design because of the many complicated I/O (real time) issues arisen.
    We are putting into this project years of experience in Industrial Motion Control Systems.
    Anyway having said that we already discussing and designing such a controller under the M10CUBE platform ( M10CUBE )
    Soon we will make a very interesting announcement participation in a contest. There we will deploy the idea and more...
    I will follow your design and how knows you may like to test our OSHW controller and tell us the results.
    In fact if you have knowledge of electronic and KiCAD design we will like you to participate for helping the project in any way you feel.
    Experimenting with the impossible will move us forward

Thank you for the space given here.

Vasilis

Mark Carew likes this.
  3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Sounds like a cool project guys!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The above comments need moved to their own thread as they have no relation to the original project and should not have been posted here.

Please be respectful when posting on builds and limit discourse to the posted build.