Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need help with Large Format Pellet 3D Printer Build Please!

Discussion in '3D printers' started by GreenCampuLtd, Feb 8, 2022.

?

Should I go with Solution A, or Solution B?

1. Solution A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Solution B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

great it's super upgradable! Bravo all of you and thanks for your patience onboarding me. I am a huge fan and am going to get stuck in. I will create a page for my build. Yours sincerely, Charles

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  2. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

I ordered over $1300 worth of kit. Fingers crossed it works x

3. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

Hi dear @Peter Van Der Walt

the parts have arrived and I laid the C-Beams out over the existing frame. I appear to have mis calculated and the X beam is too short to connect to the 40x80 beam if it is running along the Y axis C-Beams on the outside. Do you know if there is any problem with flipping the C-Beams around so the cart runs along the inside? Many thanks, Charles

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Should be good - best way to know, is ALWAYS going to be to "TRY" :)
    Unchartered territories loves trial and error, and a modular system is the perfect fit for trial and error - if it doesn't work, easy to take apart and try something else :)

GreenCampuLtd likes this.
  5. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

Progress is coming along but I have a problem that the cast corners you sell (and you seem to only sell one kind) do not fit with the double wide cart and the 40x80 beam.

further problems listed below:

There is a problem with the order: one of the C-beam linear actuator kit does not have the sandwich bearing three-piece component nor does it have the nut that fits on to the screw rod at the opposite end of the beam to the motor ontop of said 3 part sandwidge bearing. I laid out all components before assembly and noticed that these parts are missing from one of the kits.

Furthermore a few of the Nylok nuts are not working. The thread inside the nuts was completely deteriorated to the point where it would not receive the thread of the bolt.

Also there was no anti-backlash bolt with any of c beam kits or double wide kits.

there are also components with the kits that are not part of any of the assembly videos I have seen (pictured in the last image). Any advice on what to do with those please?

Many thanks
    Charles

Attached Files:

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Also see: Black Angle Corner Connector or depending on the use case even Inside Outside Corner Bracket
    Or sand the little nubs off if its used on a flat surface instead of V-Slot
    The forum cannot assist with the other issues, you need to contact the Store via Support > New Ticket for all shipping, order, warranty related queries

7. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

I thankee thee

#37 GreenCampuLtd, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  8. GreenCampuLtd

Builder

@Peter Van Der Walt

now that the second load of replacement parts have arrived to complete the kits I ordered that had various parts missing it is clear that the mini wheel assembly needs two precision shims not one and thus the “assemblies” that came with the kit were even more incomplete then previously realised such that now I need to order ANOTHER deliver to receive the parts that should have come with my first delivery. I have never had any other mechanical product fail to send correct assembly components as much as this and this is a mechanical assembly company. It’s worrying to say the least relying on this as a service for building systems with

9. Peter Van Der Walt

Please contact the store via Support thanks