Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Mushu - Large Scale CoreXY

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Shortyski13, May 6, 2019.

1. Shortyski13

Builder

Shortyski13 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Shortyski13

Builder

If reading this, please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. I'm going to be ordering parts soon, but still can accommodate good ideas.

3. Shortyski13

Builder

Found a 2270mm long 10mm wide endless gt2 belt, so upgraded the Z-Axis from a 6mm wide belt.

Most of the parts are on order. I'm hoping to get the rest on order next week. With a lot coming from China, it looks like I won't be able to start building until late June or early July.

4. checkeredBug

Builder

Sorry for the late reply... I've been busy. I like the design, I'm not sure there's enough detail to outline that novel bed you have. If it has too much freedom it might translate on you (not sure). I bought linear vertical rails for mine. I will say I think you will need to bolt plastic to the sides to keep it from wobbling. I am having to either cross brace mine or get some metal sheeting for lateral stability. I notice it especially when I move in the Y (long axis) that the whole printer vibrates. I think you may need some more pictures as I couldn't tell exactly how the XY worked. Looks nice though.

5. Shortyski13

Builder

Yea im thinking of putting sheet metal or plexiglass on the sides, whichever comes up first on craigslist for free haha. That's a good point. Im unsure if i'll still need diagonal beams. And if not, I'm not too sure how to make a plexiglass door that is both easy to open/close and provides that stability you are talking about.
    Im also debating adding a BLtouch and trying to figure out the best way to mount a zesty nimble motor.
    Ill try to get more images of the bed at some point this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Shortyski13

Builder

Ended up getting diamond plate aluminum for cheap from a local scrap yard. I Cut and drilled them for corner brackets and now just painted them. Most parts are in now so hopefully ill get more progress soon!

Corner brackets