Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Dust shoe not touching material using Router11 with Sharkbits

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by DementorLM, Apr 17, 2022.

1. DementorLM

Builder

Hello all,

Sorry for this noob question. I am using the Sharkbit single o flute upcut bits (1/8 and 1/4”) on my Lead 1515. The Dust shoe will not touch the material when pocketing/cutting acrylic and it’s kind making a mess. My question is how far in can I insert the bit in the collet? I am leaving about a 1mm space from the top of the collet and I have the dust shoe attachment at the bottom of the router11. I have shorter bits I can use but I am really liking the finish when using the Sharkbits.

Thank you

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Which dust shoe are you using? You can put the bit in as far as practical to reduce leverage (not clamping on the flutes).
    Pic would help.
    Cheers
    Gary

DementorLM likes this.
  3. DementorLM

Builder

Thank you for the reply. That is good to know, I though I could not insert the bit passed the collet itself. That will definitely solve the issue. I will upload a picture tomorrow just in case.
    I am using the one that came with the fully loaded option. Pretty sure it’s this one Dust Shoe for Routers

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I havent checked if OB is carrying the spacer yet, but I picked one up from kent cnc directly. Comes in handy often.

DementorLM likes this.
  5. DementorLM

Builder

Awesome thank you! I checked them out and I think I will end up buying the spacer.

sharmstr likes this.