Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DM C-Beam XXL Tank

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by dmasters, Oct 29, 2017.

1. dmasters

dmasters Well-Known
    Builder

dmasters published a new build:

Read more about this build...

stargeezer likes this.
  2. stargeezer

stargeezer Veteran
    Builder

Awesome job so far! Congrats on the controller panel, lots of people get hung up on that.

You did a great job photographing your platform, I wonder if you might have some detail photos of your controller panel build? I've not seen too many folks publish a build with that particular board and 542 driver combo. Adding a photo series of it might be a real benefit to somebody.

I just ordered this 80mm mount 80mm spindle motor mount bracket Clamp CNC Engraving Mill Grind Router 3D Print | eBay

It's great looking and appears more than strong enough.

3. dmasters

dmasters Well-Known
    Builder

I have adapted the mount which came with the spindle to temporarily get the spindle attached until I make a better mount. Pictures coming this weekend. I was going to try and enlarge the hole on the open builds mount to 80mm the way beardyblair did it Sphinx XL but I don't have a lathe so trying to using the build to make itself.

I will take pictures of the control board soon. Now that I have a platform to set the CNC on I can get back to the electronics side. I did realize a shortage of smoothie board use so will try and document.

stargeezer likes this.