Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC xPRO V4

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Spark Concepts, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Jack D

Jack D Well-Known
    Staff Member Builder

Need some help. Not getting any voltage out of the variable spindle output of the board, to my power strip relay. I know the power strip works because I can use it with another controller hooked to PWM. It also comes on by hooking it to the 5v lug on the XPro V4 board. I am wired to ground and the variable spindle output lugs. I tried typing in M3 and M3 S1000 in the console and nothing happens. Tried with the tool on button also. Tested for voltage and nothing there. There is 5v and 10v present on the 5v and 10v lugs. It seems like the command is not triggering it. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Bob Waterfield

Builder

There is a switch, to change from 5 volts or 10 volts out to the Spindle speed control. Make sure it is NOT in the halfway position.

3. Jack D

Jack D Well-Known
    Staff Member Builder

Nope. Not the switch. I changed the spindle max rpm to 12000 in GRBL settings and tried it. The relay started going crazy switching on/off like 20 times a second. Not cool!. I switched the setting back to 1000 and tried it again and this time it magically worked for some reason. I did reboot the computer a few times in between because it kept disabling my USB port. Probably just my pos laptop. Thanks.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Note that just changes what the scale of M3 S0-max is. So to turn on fully, then you must send M3 S12000. M3S1000 when max rpm is 12,000 = 1000/12000=8.3% PWM

5. 3DStyle

3DStyle New
    Builder

Can you make an adjustment to the CNC federate speed during a running job with the xPRO?

I would also like to ask what are the main differences between the V3 and V4?

6. kam

kam New
    Builder

How is your conversion going with the acme screws. Any pics. I have the belt drive and looking for more beefer. I do wood and aluminium milling.

7. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

I've only done the Y axis so far but I couldnt be happier. I havent updated my build in awhile, but there is some info about it there: Shawn's Workbee 1510

The last time I updated it I show the controller I built using DQ542s. Since then OB sent me Blackbox to play with so I have that running on the machine now. I love it. I cant run those screws at 10,000mm/min but I would never cut that fast anyways.

8. ljvb

ljvb Well-Known
    Builder

Raising a zombie thread..

The link to updating the firmware seems to be perpetually under construction now (is Spark Concepts going through some issues, been this way for a week or two now).

So.. what is the process of updating the Xpro v4.

9. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

1) Download and install OpenBuilds CONTROL from software.openbuilds.com
    2) Wizards and Tools > Grbl Flashing
    3) Select xPro in the list

upload_2020-11-3_22-31-49.png

sharmstr likes this.
  10. ljvb

ljvb Well-Known
    Builder

Double zombie thread raise... I bought an AMB/Kress spindle, with digital control. It has 3 wires, 0-10v, 10 - 26v and ground..
    I'm guessing the 10-26vDC is so the power can be supplied from a controller instead of plugging it into the wall (it comes with a 220v plug as well).

Before I blow **** up.. I am guessing I don't need the 10 to 26v wire, connect 0-10v wire to variable spindle terminal, and 0v/ground to analogue ground next to it in the same terminal block?

11. Robert White

Builder

will this work with taps as well since tap seems to be harder to get the chips off.

12. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

it might, but using a different tap may be better, like a form tap instead of spiral flute, or if you have through holes use a gun tap to push the strings through the hole