Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Pendant

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Ronald4418, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Before I purchase the Blackbox and related power supply I am migrating from Mach3 and or UCCNC and I am inquisitive as to whether or not I will be able to use my Pendant Controller and will 2 wire Home Switches integrate with the Blackbox controller. The Home Switches that I have are of the NC type on my X and Y Axis and the same listed in the parts catalogue on my Z Axis. Also is there an Option to Hook Up my Rotary 4th Axis?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Not familiar with your pendant controller, but OB control allows you to customize the keyboard shortcuts so any device that can emulate a keyboard can control the machine. You can also control the machine from your phone.

No 4th axis support on the BB

Yes on the switches. Make sure grbl is set correctly. Wiring diagram is basically the same except wire to NC docs:blackbox:connect-micro-limit [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You could hook up the rotary axis as the third axis. In other words, unhook the driver from either the Y or X (whichever you prefer) and then hook it to the rotary axis. A lot of people do this with their laser cutters if they do not have a controller that can operate 4 axis. You just have to remember that you would have to change your steps/mm in your grbl settings for whichever axis you were to use, and then change them back when you are done. I built a CNC lathe for a stand alone rotary tool and there is a post processor available for grbl if you are using Vcarve or other Vectric software.

sharmstr likes this.
  4. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the Blackbox, IoT Switch and the 24V Power Supply as it was actually cheaper to go that route instead of a new Gecko G540 or to even replace the Driver that I blew. It would have been nice though to use my 48V power supply.