Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Mods

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by tmadrms, Oct 24, 2019.

1. tmadrms

tmadrms New
    Builder

2. GeoffH

GeoffH Journeyman
    Builder

Nice build, I have a C-beam X-Large and have added SBR rails to the Y Axis, the MGN12 looks like a nice solution to get rid of the flexing on the X & Z; I am encouraged at your success so I'll do it :)
    Geoff
    PS Did you fit 2 guide blocks to each rail?

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

At this time, only some functions are available as keyboard shortcuts: For example your request for Z-Probe - as it launches a gui and needs inputs etc is not really ideal to tie to a single shortcut button. If you need any specifics do request them though: https://github.com/OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL/issues :) it might be considered if it makes sense and is a popular need

4. tmadrms

tmadrms New
    Builder

I did two on each trail for the X and Y but only one for the Z. You certainly could do two but the single’s seems to handle the load without issue so far. Good luck!!

GeoffH likes this.
  5. tmadrms

tmadrms New
    Builder

Totally understand why they aren’t single keys. Would be cool to have a combo key shortcut so they cannot be done accidentally. In my case the z-probe is all defaults so makes this feasible for me, but I see your point that others may find no value in it. I tinkered around with having the StreamDeck do some screen clicks but it was far too unreliable. I’ll give it some more thought and submit requests on GitHub for consideration. Thanks to you and the team for such a great controller!!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

CTRL, ALT, SHIFT are supported: When capturing the new key, just hold down the modifiers you want :)

MODIFIERS.PNG

7. tmadrms

tmadrms New
    Builder

Sorry, meant for things like z-probe, but that is a cool feature that I didn’t know about!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.