Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Dust Shoe

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by RobertCanthal, Feb 9, 2020.

  1. RobertCanthal

    Builder

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2017
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    21
    RobertCanthal published a new build:

    Read more about this build...
     
  2. Mark Carew

    Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Messages:
    2,663
    Likes Received:
    2,249
    Great dust shoe, thank you for sharing Robert! I really like your idea on a part that fits inside the brush and forced the bristles out on an angle. Nice work :thumbsup:
     
    Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. RobertCanthal

    Builder

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2017
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    21
    Thanks Mark!
    Glad to share with the community.
    Rob
     
    Mark Carew likes this.
  4. Christian James

    Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2018
    Messages:
    342
    Likes Received:
    158
    Hey Robert, is there any chance you could save your sketchup files in either version SU 17 or SU 8?

    Cheers.
     
  5. RobertCanthal

    Builder

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2017
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    21
    Yes, here you go. Let me know if there is any problem.
    rob
     

    Attached Files:

    Mark Carew likes this.
  6. Christian James

    Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2018
    Messages:
    342
    Likes Received:
    158
    Yep, all good Robert, thanks.
     
  7. Jasonpgr

    Jasonpgr New
    Builder

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2017
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    I saw you included your gcode files, what size and type cutter would you recommend using if I plan on using your existing gcode to cut out the parts?
     
  8. RobertCanthal

    Builder

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2017
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    21
    Hello,
    It's been a while since I have looked at this one. Each of the gcode files will have the description of the bit used in the header - in case you weren't aware of this.
    For all the cutting I used a 3.175mm bit (1/8"). The gcode files only contain the pattern and cutting for the plastic parts used to make the dust shoe. I think I explained in the build part that the internal piece was made from baltic birch plywood and used the same shape as the bottom plastic piece, but then further trimmer with a 45 degree bevel.
    There are some holes that get drilled, and for that I only used a 1mm bit to pre-drill the holes and then later re-drilled them based upon the size of the magnets I used. You'll see the reference to 1mm in one the files in the header.
    Hope this helps.
    rob
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice