Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

All metal Ox hybrid CNC Router Table

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Denis Lapratte, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Denis Lapratte

Builder

Denis Lapratte published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. johnnycnc

johnnycnc New
    Builder

Very anxious to see your build. I am hoping that I can learn from your build.

3. devloop

devloop Well-Known
    Builder

Heavy Duty outfit, where did you get the rack from? If my belt ever fails me, I would install a rack like this

4. Denis Lapratte

Builder

You have no idea how strong this table will be, I will never see the end as far as loading capacity!.

Racks are coming from CNCRouterparts. I made my own Motor mount pivot plate from the DXF file they provide and bought the rest of the kit and racks from them. I will post the VCarve file later for all of the parts I cut with my old CNC.

5. johnnycnc

johnnycnc New
    Builder

I noticed on your table that you bolted a lot of the joints rather than welded them. Was there a reason for this? I really like this table except when you might have to move it?? :mad::mad:

6. Denis Lapratte

Builder

Sometimes welding distort meta a bit and it is harder to make it perfectly square. Plus, if welded, it is very difficult to modify, you have to take a new piece of metal. I know this because I made a mistake in the measurement for the Y axis not taking into account the width of the router bracket. The result is that I had to add a few inches to the top 5 supports and the braces were welded to them. Because of that I had to cut them in the middle and weld them. When done, the heat made some of the supports to slightly bend and the result was that I didn't have a perfectly flat surface anymore.