Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

3-wheels plate for 20x40

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Make_In_France, May 30, 2021.

1. Make_In_France

Builder

Hi,

Mark Carew replied that a 3-wheels plate would work for a 20x20 V-slot profile.
    3 or 4 wheels on X and Z axis
    He seem to also recommand Derlin sold v-wheels rather than xtrem solid ones for smoother moves.

But what if for a 20x40 profile ?
    I know the Creality Ender 3 uses 3 wheels plates on both sides of Z axis with a single stepper motor for the whole axis on 20x40 profile and a 3-wheels plate for X axis on a 20x20 profile.

I've joined some screeshots of my extruder project.
    The V-wheels are placed to form an equilateral triangle.
    The (around) 97.5x38.5mm plate will get the E3D Hemera in direct extrusion version (388g upon E3D official documents).
    I'm conceiving a belt attachments at the bottom back of the plate (in green lines) but I didn't wanted to go further yet. As the Ender 3, there sould be kind of an alignement of the attachements with the top wheels like showed on the original Creality bluelines I've jointed as well.

So, my questions are :
    Will 3 wheels be enough ? Will they be able to support the E3D Hemera ?
    Adding an excentric wheel would force me to enlarge my plate.
    Would you suggest me Delrin solid v wheels or extrem solid ones ?
    . Capture du 2021-05-30 21-09-11.png Capture du 2021-05-30 21-08-27.png Capture du 2021-05-30 21-38-32.png

Thank you for your answers

Best regards

Pierre

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

For a 3D printer Delrin wheels runs a little smoother yes. Compare your use case to the. Ig CNC bundles where we use Xtreme wheels...

4 wheels with 2 eccentrics is typically used. The brand you mention uses 3 merely as a cost saving measure (and lots of other non genuine and low quality parts)

3. Make_In_France

Builder

Thank you Peter,
    The Creality reference I've made in my post was only to compare my idea with a popular machine.
    Of course, as you said beetween the lines in you post, economical solutions for a popular price is not necessarily the best options.
    But as i do a 1st build, I'm also appreciate other industrial systems like Bosch Rexroth.

The Voxel OX seems to be more and more a good build for what I need and is very appreciated by the community.
    Voxel OX - Extendable 3D Printer and CNC Platform

Thanks again.