This sign was made as example cut for the basic use of the Interface in the the (How to) video
- Machine Type:
- OpenBuilds LEAD Machine
- OpenBuilds CAM and OpenBuilds CONTROL
- OpenBuilds BlackBox
- Bit or Laser Size:
- (SharkBits) 1/8" and 1/4" down cut
- Feeds & Speeds:
- In workspace
- White pine board 11" x 35" x 3/4" thick and SharkBits
The idea here was to make a simple example to show how to jog the machine, probe the start position and start the job.
For the sake of time, the video does not show it, but this example sign took 2 cuts with two separate bits
Its the same process as setting up the first cut:
- When the first pocket cut is over you simply raise the Z axis
- Swap the bit with the 1/4" bit for the profile cut out
- Run the probe procedure again with this new bit in place
- Load the 2nd G-Code file and run it.
- First cut: Pockets using a SharkBit Down-Cut 2 Flutes Solid Carbide End Mill 1/8"
- Second cut: Profile cut out using a SharkBit Down-Cut 2 Flutes Solid Carbide End Mill 1/4"
Please also note that sanding and cleanup was done for the final sign
Here are some pictures of the project
Check out the Interface Build here
- SketchUp of the model and the flat view for DXF
- DXF file
- OpenBuilds CAM workspace for the first pocket cuts
- OpenBuilds CAM workspace for the second profile cut out
- Gcode for the first cut
- Gcode for the second cut
Hope this helps