OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050 (20" x 40") 500x1000mm Specs:
OpenBuilds Sphinx Machine Parts Bundle please click here.
OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050
20"x40"(500x1000mm) Lead Screw
"We would like to thank OpenBuilds community member Kyo for the design efforts put into the awesome machine known as The Sphinx! This machine quickly became an OpenBuilds community favorite and speaks for itself in all the builds inspired from it. Kyo took it to the next level with a great video build to accompany his already great electronics setup tutorial videos." -Mark Carew
Hello friends. I would like to introduce you to the awesomeness that is the OpenBuilds Sphinx!
The Sphinx is a super strong and accurate easy to assemble CNC machine. It takes advantage of the inside tracks of the C-Beam linear rail using Xtreme Mini Solid V Wheels and utilizes the top of the rail with full size Xtreme Solid V wheels.
The OpenBuilds Sphinx Bundle is available in two sizes.
- The Sphinx 1050 has a footprint of about 44.5" (1130mm) x 24.5" (620mm)
- The Sphinx 55 has a footprint of about 20" (500mm) x 20" (500mm)
Materials this machine can cut and carve
MDF Spoiler Board Size:
- Woods Hard/Soft
- much more...
H 3/4" (19mm) W 36" (917mm) L 19.5" (500mm)
Assembly time : Can be assembled in an afternoon.
Build Video Link Sections
Video Build of the OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050
Jump in and when you complete this easy and fun step by step build-along video you will have an awesome 3 Axis CNC router for your work shop.
Click below for different chapters of the Video Build
Wiring Build Video of the OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050Control Board
Grab your OpenBuildsCAM,OpenBuildsCONTROL software, and Sphinx 1050 Wiring Kit
Connecting xPro V4 to OpenCase
Dewalt Router Installation Video
Grab your DeWalt Router and Reducing Collet Adapter here
Please note: There are many different options for controller/driver packages that can by used to control your machine so be sure to explore all the controller options and pick the one that works for your needs.
Please see the wiring diagrams for this machine below
More information on the xPRO v3 (wiki)
More information on the xPRO v4
Software Work Flow:
Please note: Be sure to check out all the cool CAM programs out there to take your machine to the next level!
- We use the free SketchUp Make for our CAD (makes the 3D model parts)
- For creating 2D drawings we use the Free and Awesome OpenBuilds CAM
(CAM Works up the cut lines and makes the GCODE for the parts)
- For controlling the machine we use OpenBuilds CONTROL Software
(CONTROL Reads the gcode created in cam and moves the machine to make the part or art)
- OPEN SOURCE - The Sphinx machine is Open Source and the Builder community is encouraged to modify and build on this design.
- EASY TO BUILD - With the V-Slot Modular Framing System and OpenBuilds Build-Along Video, assembly is quick and easy.
- AFFORDABLE - OpenBuilds budget friendly parts allow Builders the opportunity to freely create.
- CUSTOMIZATION - Take it to the next level and make it your own! Share your builds with the Open Source Builders community OpenBuilds.com
Grab your Bundle Pack Today and Start Your Build!
- For your convenience and ease of purchase this Build is available as a Parts Bundle -
OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050 (20" x 40")
The OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050 - 500x1000 Lead Screw Machine
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution - CC BY
Reason for this BuildThe Sphinx incorporates so much of what the OpenBuilds system is about and does so in a strong machine design.
Inspired byThe original Sphinx by Kyo