Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Z axis setup question

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Fivetide, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Fivetide

Fivetide New
    Builder

Hi folks I have a 2 C-Beam actuator kits for a build I'm doing 1 is 700mm and the other 250mm
    My build is a wood lathe build. So I have an X-axis (700mm) with the XL C-Beam gantry plate for strength, and Z axis is the 250mm kit with the standard plate. Normally you would have the C-Beam static and the router moving up and down on attached to the plate. I need to turn it around and attach the two plates together so the who C-Beam and router move up and down. Will this work with the standard Nema 23 or will I need to couple it with another XL gantry plate and bigger motor? I need the clearance when I'm turning stock square wood to round so I don't catch the spinning wood spindles with the bottom of the y-axis C-Beam.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Fivetide

Fivetide New
    Builder

Excellent just what I needed to know, ordering the extra parts as you read this. I just need the plate 2 x wheel kit and extra screws to mate the plates together. I love this system.. !

GrayUK likes this.