Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Y Axis will only move in 1 direction

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Indigoglass, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Indigoglass

Builder

Hello All,

I originally built my C Beam machine back in 2016 using all OB parts, motors & controller. Limit switches were/are not installed. Deciding it was time for an upgrade I recently purchased the BlackBox, CNC interface and XYZ probe from the parts store.

After installing the Blackbox I verified the basic jog functionality of all 3 axis in both directions using the PC. After installing the CNC Interface, I verified the basic jog functions, and everything was fine.

While jogging to set up the XYZ probe, I noticed the Y axis suddenly lost the ability to move in more than a single direction.
    • The issue occurs with and without the XYZ probe and the CNC interface.
    • The coil configuration of each motor was confirmed with a multimeter
    • The motor wire connection to the plug was checked and snug
    • When the "Y" motor is connected to either the X or Z port, it operates fine.
    • When either the "X" or "Z" motor is plugged into the Y port, they exhibit the issue (will only move in single direction).
    • I although I am not using dual Y motors, I did verify that the Y2 jumpers are in the correct position and well seated.
    • Replaced the BB Muscle board
    • Ensured that the pins on the Muscle board are straight and properly seated in the header of the Brains board.
    • Uninstalled and Re-installed the control software
    Any ideas as to what to try next? Many thanks.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Assuming you worked with Store support on that? Please continue the discussion on your existing support ticket please