Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Y axis Issue

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by John H, Sep 27, 2014.

1. John H

John H New
    Builder

I am just wiring a new build and cannot get the Y axis to work properly. Any motor plugged into that axis on the control board oscillates when given a + or - input. Can anyone help?

2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

Hi John,

What control board are you using ??
    What control software are you using ??

Tweakie.

3. John H

John H New
    Builder

It is a 4 Axis board that I bought through China. I have 4 270 in/oz motors that I am using. The software appears to be a version of Planet CNC (USBCNC4axis) software.
    I have not even gotten to the software yet. I am using the manual hand control to check + and - movements. A motor will operate fine when connected to either X,Z, or A axes. When connected to Y axis, the motor just oscillates.

4. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

You could try checking (with everything switched off) that you have your Y axis motor connected correctly – use a multimeter / continuity tester to identify the A-A and B-B windings of the motor.

If that does not resolve the problem then contact the supplier of your equipment and see if they are willing to help (you have a 50/50 chance of getting their help).

This perhaps highlights the typical problem (mentioned on the PlanetCNC and Warp9 websites) that purchasing cheaper copies / clones of their genuine product may leave the buyer without any proper technical support or backup if things go wrong.

Tweakie.