Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

XYZ Touch Probe Plus Not Working

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by WoodworkerSD, Jan 3, 2023.

1. WoodworkerSD

Builder

I have a Lead 1515 and am trying to use the touch probe, a couple of things happen when I try to use it. When I go into the wizard and confirm probe position and press probe nothing happens. When I go back into the wizard and do the same thing again.... it works. But by working I mean that the gantries start moving. After they start moving they initially go to test the z-axis which it over shoots the plate completely and tries to probe past the top right corner of the probe. I then have to manually stop it so it doesn't plunge into the spoiler board.

Secondly, when I do a Z-zero manually (manually moving the bit over the plate and running the z wizard, the bit comes down and touches the probe, the light turns green and then everything stops there. At this point I have to "stop job" and then I am able to move the CNC around.

At this point I am having to manually set z every time with out the probe at all.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I think we need a 'have you updated you X32?" banner on the landing page (-:

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. WoodworkerSD

Builder

I think you are right. I did it last night and it worked. Thanks. Another question is that when I upload my gcode from OB Cam to OB Control, my g code representation is past the x maximum and y maximum of the table representation in the 3d view. Also I believe the machines (0,0,0) is at the opposite corner of how I set up my machine to function. It homes correctly though to the limit switches at ymin, xmin and zmaxheight

5. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

As long as the back, right, up corner of your machine is the MAXIMUM dimension in the MACHINE co-ordinate system for each axis (the maximum is normally 0,0,0 - as you move away from that corner the MACHINE co-ordinates become more negative) it doesn't matter where you put your homing switches except Z should always home to the top of it's travel as yours does
    Alex.