Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

XYZ-Probe

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by nakatomy, Nov 29, 2022.

1. nakatomy

nakatomy New
    Builder

Hello everyone, I have a very strange problem. I recently connected an openbuild XYZ Probe Pro to my black box controllers. This controls a Killerbee 1075. All cables have been checked and measured several times. Unfortunately I can't get any reliable contact. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is of course annoying if you damage cutters. The LEDs come on reliably, but I rarely see a contact in the diagnostics window. I measured the probe connection and only get 4.5 volts there. According to the specification it should be 5 volts. I uploaded a video where you can see the problem. Maybe you have an idea what the problem is.

Attached Files:

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

that is weird

could be the plugs

or the connection to the plug, make sure the wire goes into the correct gap in the plug when the screw is undone

could be a dry joint on the BB circuit board, which might be made worse by heat, ie, does it work when you have only just turned the BB on and then stop working later? or maybe not work at first but work later when the electronics are warmer?

3. nakatomy

nakatomy New
    Builder

I will check this one. Thx.

4. nakatomy

nakatomy New
    Builder

Hello David,

I was a little lost in work.
    If I connect the two parts together, I get feedback about the LED on the plate. The problem is really peculiar. OpenBuilds Control occasionally shows me that it has a connection. But not nearly as reliable as the limiter switches. And why do I get clean feedback via the LEDs?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Leds are self-contained. Between probe and controller is a long wire - signal has to get all the way across that first for the other end of things to work too. So check wiring, check endmill is clean, etc