Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Xpro V3 started smoking....

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by iH8vols, Nov 5, 2017.

1. iH8vols

iH8vols New
    Builder

I've been working on a version of the Ox for about a year now. Over the past month or so, I've been trying to get machine calibrated correctly to get it to cut a complete full circle. I kept having issues where it come about 5mm short of completing the full circle.

The last time I turned on the machine was a couple nights ago, to try a test run, to which I had the same results and thus shut everything down.

I read up on several posts after this and thought maybe I had a current issue. I turned the currents down all the way on all 4 motors on the xPro so I could slowly increase the current to ensure I had them set correctly. Previously, I had them at about 50% power.

Friday night, I came out to the garage, determined to get this thing figured out this weekend. I flipped on my power supply, and after about 5-10 seconds, it turns off on it's own and I notice a faint scent of something burning. I couldn't find anything that couple be the source, so I wrote it off to I was imagining. it.

I had another power supply, that I hooked up to it today. I tested the voltage at 24v. Hooked it up to my xpro to get back to calibrating. Once I verified everything was connected correctly, I turned it on. Immediately, the board started smoking near the current adjuster for the Z motor. Obviously, at this point, I shut everything down.

Any ideas?