Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X-pro V3 Firmware/Library Change Question

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by MConner, Nov 19, 2017.

1. MConner

MConner Well-Known
    Builder

Hey All,
    Been searching the web for several hours, and I am ready to ask for help. I have just completed my 4th build, and this one was very straight forward. The build consists of the following; ACRO bundle, X-pro v3, Grbl 0.9, & UGCS 1.0.9, nothing too exotic. However I am now fine tuning the system, which includes trying to get the homing function to work, and I need to eliminate the Z-home first function (no Z required for the laser).

I have tracked the home sequence commands down to a certain two lines in the grbl-master config.h file. My problem is,how do I access that file in GRBL for editing (arduino ide??). After that I assume it should be a straight forward firmware download to the X-pro?

Thanks in advance

2. RussB

RussB Well-Known
    Builder

You are correct... use Arduino Ide or edit in your favourite editor like notepad++ and resave it. I would suggest though that you update GRBL 0.9 to 1.1F unless you specifically need something in 0.9 or your program doesnt work in 0.9.
    I also run a laser with no Z axis and removed the unnecessary code for homing the Z axis (the Z axis gets homed first and the machine with Alarm eventually when it doesnt reach home first.)

3. MConner

MConner Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Russ, That symptom is exactly what I was seeing. I will give it a shot tonight when I get back in front of the machine.

4. RussB

RussB Well-Known
    Builder

Had to do the same thing... comment out the z homing portion. Also need to tell it that its ONLY 2 axis!

5. MConner

MConner Well-Known
    Builder

Wow, no sweat at all, it went smooth. Edited the config.h in txt, saved as HEX (arduino), then uploaded with X-loader. Now I just have to figure out how to make the Y home in the neg direction (x-homes in neg) while still keeping the UGCS keys function properly. Always one more step to go. Thanks for the help Russ.

6. RussB

RussB Well-Known
    Builder

Should be able to make homing neg in the $23 with the proper entry from the table below...

Setting Value Mask Invert X Invert Y Invert Z
    0 00000000 N N N
    1 00000001 Y N N
    2 00000010 N Y N
    3 00000011 Y Y N
    4 00000100 N N Y
    5 00000101 Y N Y
    6 00000110 N Y Y
    7 00000111 Y Y Y