Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X Axis problem

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Matt Simon, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Matt Simon

Builder

Just dove into the router side of the CNC world. I own a 4x4 plasma table as well. I purchased the 1010 Workbee and have it set up and here is the problems I've ran into

I am set up and jogging the machine and have ran into 2 problems.

1 - My x axis motor doesn't know which way to go. I hit X+ and it will + for a few steps then start - then back to +

2. When jogging at first my X motor was bound up and not wanting to turn. I found the problem being the nut block for the lead screw was tight. I loosen in up and it solved the problem but now is loud due to loose parts

Anyone ran into this or have any solutions?

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Is there possibly a loose wire in your X?

3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Hi @Matt Simon, the symptoms you describe sound exactly like there is an intermittent connection problem with one wire on your X axis stepper. The noise could be many things - check your backlash nuts (on a new machine it is unlikely you will have much if any backlash - squeeze them gently together before clamping to the gantry plate) and your eccentric adjustment. If you can detect movement by hand on your X axis also check that you have no play in your leadscrew. If you have check the lock collars are pressing firmly against the bearings.
    Alex.