Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X and Z axis changing measurements

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Atkinson934, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Atkinson934

Builder

having an issue. with z and x axis wonder if anyone has had this problem or can help me.

Trying to get the bugs worked out of my machine.

I have a design of stars that should fit on a 9.5 inch wide board. It starts on the left and carves them in but
    when it gets to the right side my measurements are off. by like a half an inch. Also when the router is done
    it returns home it doesn't end at the same point.

Also on my z axis if I tell it to do the design 3/16 of an inch deep buy the time it gets done its only 1/16 of an inch deep. My surface is parallel to the x axis and everything is level. I have checked all the screws for tightness. Belts are tight and everything. I can't figure it out.

Also my x motor is getting hot like 135 degrees. compared to 92 degrees on the y motors and 112 degrees on the z axis. Any help would be great I am getting grustrated. I have run about 12 test pieces and everything keeps coming out different even though I am using the same design.

Thanks,
    Atkinson934

2. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

What drivers and motors are you using?

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

4. Atkinson934

Builder

The Motor I am using is as follows: Open Builds MT-2303HS280AW-OB 1.8 degree /step 170420

The Drivers are Wantai DQ542MA

Dale

5. Flash22

Flash22 Veteran
    Builder

You say the X axis motor is getting hot is the carriage binding up ?

What machine is it ? OX ? what power supply are you using ?

6. Atkinson934

Builder

It is the OX. Yes motor gets hot. No binding that I can tell. Carriage slides with no problem and little force.

On my test last night the X motor went from 69 degrees room Temp to 134 degrees when the carving was done. i dropped my power setting on my driver and that lower the temp down to 100 degrees
    when it was done. but I can tell the carving quality suffered. I am going to bump it up to the next setting. to see what it does heat wise as well. I tracked the temps from start to finish. At start, then 25%, then 50% and finished 100%. Tracked on all 4 motors, it was an interesting test.

Dale