Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X and Y axis feed speeds

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by andrew openshaw, May 15, 2018.

1. andrew openshaw

Builder

Hi,

I am having problems getting machine to travel at low feed rates for the x and y axis.

I can't get the machine to travel at less than 70 mm/min. Setting the feed rate above 70 mm/min, the machine travels at the correct speed, setting the feed rate below 70 has no effect, it travels at 70 irrespective of the set feed rate.

I watch the gcode lines as they are processed through UGS and the set feed rate is correct displayed.

i use Cut 2D Desktop 9.0 to generate the .gcode file and have used both UGS version 1.0.9 and the nightly build 2.0 to control the machine.

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks Andrew

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

post your $$ settings and the gcode file so we can help, why do you want to go so slow?

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Mark Carew likes this.
  4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

it is not a bug, it is a limit in the math. as the thread explains, you can turn off the adaptive algorithm if you really need lower speeds but at the cost of efficient path planning.

what are you cutting that needs such low feed speeds? on my OX I have not cut at any less than 750mm/min with just a Dremel as the spindle (balsa, plywood, plastics) so I don't quite get what you need such low speed for. these light machines with high spindle speeds all function very well at 'high' feed rates with shallow depth of cut.