Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

X and Slave Motors don't always move together

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by iH8vols, Aug 30, 2017.

1. iH8vols

iH8vols New
    Builder

Hello. I'm making some progress on my first build. I'm making a 30" x 60" CNC router. So far, I've been using Universal Gcode Sender to practice getting my motors up and running.

Everything is pretty well working as I expected, except for 1 thing. I have it set up so that the slave motor mimics the X motor. If I job it 5 steps, the X axis will spin, but not move for the first couple steps, then it begins moving in sync with the slave. If I pause after those 5 steps have completed and do 5 more steps in the same direction, it usually moves as expected with no misses on the X motor.

If I reverse those steps, the typically the X motor spins without moving on the track.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Could it be that my Y beam (that connects the X motor plate with the slave plate) is too loose or tight? I feel like the table is very square and I have it bolted down so it doesn't shift any. I just can't figure out any other issues that may be causing this. Appreciate the help!