Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee y axes wheel adjustment

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Hector Beltran, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Hector Beltran

Hector Beltran Well-Known
    Builder

Hi guys,

I have some doubts regarding the wheel adjustments on the y axes; the z axis is fine, and the x axis is acceptable.
    As for the y axes, I have made a few attempts to get an even load distribution on both inner and outer top and bottom wheels, but I can't seem to find a good compromise between mobility and firmness. My main problem is that the top inner wheels become too tight against the C-beam; they get all of the initial load and are hard to move with the inner bottom eccentric cams loosened all the way. When I try to compensate with the outer bottom wheels, they become tight very quickly but the top outer wheels are fairly loose. Is there a recommended sequence that has proven to work optimally? should I loosen the frame a little or offload the x-gantry to adjust y axes?
    From what I can estimate, the red arrows are the direction of the load and the blue is the equivalent load on the x-gantry. The inner top wheels also act as a pivot point with a clock-wise torsion on the y-axis assembly.

Attached Files:

sharmstr likes this.
  2. Miles Gregson

Builder

I purchased my workbee from Ooznest in the UK and this may help, which is from the assembly manual:

Run any piece of C-Beam extrusion in between the two rows of wheels. Initially, the

C-Beam will wobble between the wheels. Turn the assembly upside down so the CBeam

is sitting on the row of wheels with the Aluminium-Spacer-6mms. Starting with

an outside pair of wheels, adjust both Eccentric-Spacer-6mms down onto the C-Beam

Extrusion until there is a small amount of friction between both wheels and the CBeam

Extrusion. When adjusting the pair of Eccentric-Spacer-6mms ideally they

should be adjusted identically. However, sometimes one will need to be adjusted

slightly more than the other to get both wheels engaged with the C-Beam extrusion.

Repeat this for the other outside pair of wheels, and then again for the middle pair.

E. Slide the C-Beam extrusion back and forth through the wheels. This should require a

small amount of force, and all wheels should spin as it rolls. Also check there is no

wobbling of the extrusion. Once happy, double check the tightness of the M5-Nyloc-

Nuts.

Wayne Elmore likes this.