Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee Arduino CNC

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by msdosfx, Oct 9, 2018.

1. msdosfx

msdosfx New
    Builder

My first post, so I hope I am not creating a redundant thread. I have finished the mechanical build of my Workbee 1500mm x 1000mm screw driven CNC. I am planning on controlling it with Arduino and CNC Shield. I ordered the GRBL electronics kit from Aliexpress and I can't for the life of me find a diagram of the wiring and how the connections are physically made to the board from the limit switches. Also I can't find anything showing where the fan attaches to the board. Also I have 4 5pole terminal blocks and 3 2pole terminal blocks and I have no clue what they are even for. Also I am wondering if I wire the limit switches always open or always closed for the arduino cnc. And I was wondering if people are using really small quick disconnect spade connectors to attach the wires to the limit switches or whether they are directly soldering them. I would prefer quick disconnects because chances are I will wire it wrong the first time around. I know this is a lot of questions but if anyone can direct me to a detailed diagram I think I could figure all of them out.

Thanks,
    MsDosFX

#1 msdosfx, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hi @msdosfx Welcome to OpenBuilds
    Surprisingly, finding proper wiring diagrams for the CNC shield is a tough one, not sure why. I did find a couple that I hope will be helpful to you.
    Arduino CNC Shield V3.XX – Assembly Guide
    3020 CNC + Arduino + GRBL + CNC Shield V3
    I wire my limits normally open and use the spade connectors that come with the Limit Switch Kit
    I hope this give you something to go on.
    Have fun with your Build!

joe williams and GrayUK like this.
  3. msdosfx

msdosfx New
    Builder

Thank you so much Mark Carew! This is very helpful.

Mark Carew and GrayUK like this.