Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

workbee 1010 skipped

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by bgwhlz, Jan 4, 2020.

1. bgwhlz

bgwhlz New
    Builder

Trying to figure out what might be my problem I have a workbee 1010 lead screw and in the process of creating a project the machined some how lost it position on the x-axis and resumed the cut in another location along the same line but 6 to 7 inches off point, I took it apart and noticed they were some play in one of my nut blocks could this be an issue or cpould saw dust on the lead screw cause it to freeze up.
    would appreciate any insight into the problem

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Sawdust on the leadscrew is not good (sawdust is abrasive) but is unlikely to stall the machine. Loose nut blocks cause backlash leading to errors in the mm range.
    If the machine stalled to the extent of 6/7 inches you need to look elsewhere for the problem. Some suggestions;
    Depth of cut/feed rate/spindle speed - are you pushing your machine too hard?
    You didn't mention what controller/stepper drivers you have - have you adjusted the current to get maximum torque without overheating?
    EMI? Electrical "noise" can really confuse your controller - have you kept any mains wiring or wiring for spindle/vfd well away from any low voltage cables?