Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Workbee 1010 & Blackbox controller problems

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by GazzarUK, Apr 10, 2020.

1. GazzarUK

GazzarUK New
    Builder

Hi all

I used to run my workbee on a Duet 2 control board but i was never happy with the software.

So i bought a Blackbox......

Wired it up to my 1010 Workbee that homes to the right rear of the machine.
    The 1010 config file that is in the Openbuilds control centre does not allow my machine to home correctly by default so i managed to correct it by changing some settings, but when i generate gcode using openbuilds cam or use my original files produced in aspire the machine becomes upside down and reversed, cannot get the software to show machine coords correctly. when the code sends a safe Z height it plunges into my spoiler board. HELP ME PLZ i need my workbee asap....

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

As you had a Duet we can assume you also have motors thats not from OpenBuilds? So your Direction Invert settings would differ?
    1) Make sure you have your switches in the same places as our video

2) Make sure you are jogging in the right directions (else flip the switches in Grbl Settings > Direction Invert appropriately to fix that first)

3) To understand G53 Z Safe moves, read f360/ob control

3. GazzarUK

GazzarUK New
    Builder

HI PETER THANKS FOR YOUR FAST REPLY,

Sorry caps locked....

I purchased my WB1010 from OOznest in the UK

my machine used to be on a xpro3 controller which became faulty and ooznest changed to use the duet controllers so i upgraded to that one.

to put my limit switches in the same positions as in your wb blackbox video i would need to rewire everything as my cable chains are mounted on opp sides.

my jog works perfect but if i do a zero xyz then load a gcode file and do a size check the box that it moves around is upside down i.e instead of moving from bottom left to top left then to top right and then bottom right it starts from top left to bottom left then bottom right then top right....

so its as though my machine has been flipped over 180 degrees

4. Peter Van Der Walt

If you want to use our profile without modifications, you have to have the machine setup the same after all :)

but... thus you have to decide what you want to do:

1) Setup the machine as per our profile or
    2) modify the profile settings to match how you built the machine: Refer to gnea/grbl

(Exception: Z Homing MUST be toward the top else G53 safe moves aren't going to work, these things are kinda standard)

Are you sure your jog works correct? :) - jobs and jogs both use the same settings (dir invert, see gnea/grbl - though note you don't need to bother with the Mask, CONTROL has the easier to figure out switches for you) so if jobs are wrong way round, jogs are gonna be the wrong way round...

X- = move endmill to the left, X+ = move endmill to the right,
    Y- = move endmill toward front of machine, Y+ = move endmill to the back of machine
    Z- move endmill closer/deeper into spoilboard, z+ lifts it up out of the spoilboard toward the sky

Or did you maybe forget to click SETZERO to set the origin (all job moves are relative to the origin, so if thats set in the wrong location, relative moves are wrong too)

So, flip the Direction Invert switch of the direction thats flipped

#4 Peter Van Der Walt, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  5. GazzarUK

GazzarUK New
    Builder

Thank you so much for your assistance I have relocated my X & Y end stops and reloaded the defaults for the Workbee 1010 only setting i needed to change was the Step direction invert for the X & Z axis.
    I've run a test gcode file and it operated superbly just goto get used to the home position lol.

Again thank you much appreciated, just need to figure how to get my VFD YL620a and spindle to talk to the BB now.

All the best Gary

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Use the SEARCH up top, and OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation
    Unfortunately there are several different VFD types all with slight differences, so cannot really document it for everything.
    Open a new thread with pictures of your VFD, Connections, etc and the VFD users around here will chime in