Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Where does Open Builds Ship from in the USA?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by chakorules, Jan 4, 2015.

1. chakorules

Builder

I am trying to determine how fast I can get an order, yet there is no information on openbuild's website about their ship FROM address. And there is no selection to expedite shipping other than "contact us", which is via email. Can anyone tell me what city and state they ship from in the USA? Maybe ground shipping will be ok for me.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

They ship from somewhere in New Jersey. You'll generally get a choice between 3 day priority mail and UPS ground during checkout but priority mail can get real expensive real quick on large orders. At the bottom of the shopping cart there is a link showing shipping options. Orders generally take about 2 days to ship.

MaryD and Mark Carew like this.
  3. chakorules

Builder

I hope they can ship UPS RED then... Maybe they will contact me back to discuss shipping options.

4. oklok

oklok Guest
    Guest Builder

Should take one week...they need to built it also. Albeit ordering from same country is equal to no import duties.

5. chakorules

Builder

I placed a large order on Sunday. I've sent an email through "contact us" on Friday or Satruday and so far no one has gotten back with me. I guess there is no chance of getting my order before this Saturday...I left a comment in my order too for expedite. I wished companies would not do this. They need to provide a better way of calling to ask basic order questions. As a first time customer, that's my input is give a phone number to call about your order. I blame TEXTING for this. There is nothing wrong with talking on the phone.

6. Steve B

Steve B Well-Known
    Builder

I also placed a large order this weekend that's still awaiting fulfillment. I am guessing they are backlogged from the holiday. I think it'd be nice if they could use the forum or their blog to let people know if they are out or behind.

Nick W likes this.
  7. chakorules

Builder

Mine just shipped today. And it will arrive normal UPS GROUND before this weekend. I was happy to get the email notice today.

8. Kobie

Kobie New
    Builder

My parcel went missing waiting 3 months today. Shipped to SA (Cape town) use First class international, cost of package is $52 including postage, cost for postage was $12.59... and still cant track the parcel
    JAMAICA, NY 11430, Departed USPS Facility, Your item departed our USPS facility in JAMAICA, NY 11430 on October 7, 2016 at 8:30 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination

9. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

So sorry to hear this!! You should report that delivery to USPS. If you reach out to customer service, they can help you out. Email http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home.