Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What would you do with all this stuff?

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Nealieboyee, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Nealieboyee

Builder

So its a regular Friday night in September. You're chilling at home watching Judge Judy, when there is a knock on the door. You open it and Santa hands you this.

[​IMG]

What we have here is:

3x THK HSR25 carriages and one 25mm rail, 320mm long. All genuine and in ok condition.

5x INA KWVE20B carriages and 8x 20mm rails, each 160mm long. Again, all genuine.

4x SC10UU bearings with end supports and 250mm long rods.

Now you have a dilemma. Ideally you need multiples of 4 carriages per axis on a CNC machine, but due to the length of the rails, and the fact that you only have three THK carriages this becomes a problem.

So, what would you do/make with these parts? Something useful like a fairly accurate desktop cnc machine? A lathe?

Here are the rules:

1. You have no money for more bearings etc. You do have just enough for the spindle and electronics.

2. Rails CAN be cut and joined together.

3. You can't sell everything on ebay.

4. You have access to tons of aluminium extrusion and this lovely 12mm aluminium surface plate 700x550 wide.

Me? Well I'm trying to build my 3'x2' cnc router, and I'd love to have a small machine to make the smaller parts with, out of aluminum. It would also be nice to have a cnc router in a quiet box in my room, on the table perhaps.

TLDR: Got some free stuff and now I need to find a way to make it work for me. Any ideas? No naysayers! I don't believe in can't.

Aaaaaaand GO!

I've posted this on other forums. Not my style to multi post, but I'm looking for as much input from as many people as possible.

MaryD likes this.