Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What soft you use for your 3d ?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by nexty, Oct 14, 2014.

1. nexty

nexty New
    Builder

Hi guys,

I'm back with my 3d printer after 2 month tweaking I'm not more then happy with the overall finition.

time to learn 3D I guess, question is, what soft you're using?

I've been playing arround with AutoCad (I've been using autocad for my multirotor frame creation, I feel it easy for 2d, as you can put a lot of construction line giving you some ref point) - but for 3d I'm not sure it's the right size? I have been able to get something out of it but the shape was very easy

I guess your answer would be Solidworks? is that easy to take in hand?

just asking for feedback and what you guys use, I don't want to start using something and 2 weeks after realized that is not the tools I should use

regards,
    Quentin.

2. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

Most of people uses openSCAD to design their parts for 3D printing. If you don't like the fact that you have to "program" your drawings, you can use Sketchup, I'm pretty sure that you can have .stl as output.

3. nexty

nexty New
    Builder

I might have to use openSCAD - but I might feel alone if I have to run some "script" even tough I'm familiar with computer stuff,

I might give another try with Sketechup but I haven't found it friendly for some reason

thanks for responding dddman ;)

4. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

dcarlisle likes this.