Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

[websocket ] Disconnected. OpenBuilds CONTROL probably quit or crashed

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by jdizzle, Mar 13, 2021.

1. jdizzle

jdizzle New
    Builder

Good afternoon,

I have an XproV4, created my GCODE using openCAM and using OpenBuilds Control v1.0.284

I have run a series of successful cuts over the last week but have now had the following error 4 times in a row causing me to lose at least 3 sheets of material. The error seems to occur after about 3 minutes of cut time.

[websocket ] Disconnected. OpenBuilds CONTROL probably quit or crashed

Can anyone please shed light on this as its cost me a fortune in replacing material- over £100 so far!

I am by no means an expert so please forgive my ignorance if its an obvious error on my part.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Pc too slow. Try after a Reboot

3. jdizzle

jdizzle New
    Builder

Thank you for your advice Peter. I did reboot my machine before trying a few times and seemed to get the same result. Can you reccomend the minimum specs a PC or laptop needs to be running to run the software at a reasonable rate?

Thanks

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Anything of the last 5 years about. It's not too heavy on resources, but at least something "decent"
    4-8GB of RAM, GPU that supports WebGL, etc.
    Sometimes a newer PC may also struggle if it has buggy/outdated Device Drivers, so do check Chipset, Video and other drivers for updates. Or you can use a simpler host like UGS: See docs:software:overview [OpenBuilds Documentation]