Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

VFD Wiring Help from Blackbox

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Russ Gratton, May 25, 2020.

1. Russ Gratton

Builder

Hi still sorting my CNC out, but it is running well and I've cut a few jobs out!

I would like to wire my VFD up to my Blackbox Controller, I think I get it being just 2 wires, what I cant get my head round is how to connect the VFD, watched a load of tube videos, and keep reading this forum, but no one seems to have the same VFD, I have included a picture, just want to connect it all to switch the Spindle on for me at the start etc, It would be great to do that with the vac as well, but i believe it would require the use of relays, and that my friends has me totally lost! LOL,

20200525_221645.jpg

If anyone can help with my spindle problem , it would be much appreciated, Thanks, Stay Safe. Russ

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Refer to OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation
    All VFDs should be able to run off just a 0-10v signal, just a matter of digging into your's settings and figuring out the params. Refer the two known configs in the link above (links at the bottom) for some idea of what it took for other VFDs, and if you do get yours right do post it as a How to we can link to