Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Vacuum Table Considerations

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Rosewood, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Rosewood

Rosewood New
    Builder

I am shortly hoping to order a Workbee (750x1000) and am also planning to integrate a vacuum table for work holding. However, I don’t feel confident that I fully understand all the considerations around vacuum tables, and don’t want to end up making a mistake when ordering because of my misconceptions.

1) Roughly what speciation of vacuum pump should I be looking at? I’m probably looking at a table of around 400x700mm, and I’d read Becker recommends at least 5.5 cfm per square foot. However, I don’t really have much understating of what HG rating is required. Ideally, I’d like to keep it single phase power too.

2) Building on the first point, realistically how small is it possible to go with components and still have them safely held in place by the table? Some components I had I mind are circa 200x30mm.

3) Given that the intended use is with a Workbee, and that the majority of projects will be about 20mm in height, could a vacuum table (plus spoilboard) cause potential problems with regards to available Z-axis travel?