Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Using a xpro controller v3 on a K40 Laser?

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Rendermandan, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Well-Known
    Builder

I've done a thing...

I currently have an Acro system running with an xpro V3. it engraves very well running on the Lightburn software which is awesome!!!! I however I want to do some cutting. So, I ordered a K40 Laser. Its not here yet....

I have read that lightburn does not support the K40. -Bummer.

Has anyone been able to successfully integrate a Xpro V3 to the laser power supply?
    I really like the software and don't really want to change to something inferior.

Thanks.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Just adding this as another option: K40 Whisperer

Works with the stock controller. But plenty good software.

You can run a K40 off a BlackBox or a xPro but that little ribbon cable inside needs a breakout board or rewire/replace motors etc.

3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I use K40 whisperer. As a free controller for a stock K40 it works great. There is a whole lot of great info on the K40 here The Maker Forums to include better plug and play controllers that allow you to use lightburn. Sadly one of those controllers cost almost as much as I paid for my K40 which is why I have yet to purchase it. For a little more, I can get a Ruida if I skip the middleman and import it myself.

4. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks guys, I have downloaded and played with K40 Wisperer, I can't really test it out until I get the Laser. Scheduled delivery is next Tuesday, so I will have the holiday weekend to play around with it. I'm hoping I can do my layouts in LightBurn and then import those into Wisperer. without much issue.

I should mention my future plans are to expand the size of the K40 by building a custom V-slot frame/chassis. but use the guts from the K40. Who knows...

Thanks again.

Giarc likes this.
  5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Checkout UK40OB