Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Unable to load "Hello World" example or other SVG files

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Rand, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Rand

Rand New
    Builder

I am not able to import even the "Hello World" example. The opening screen shows the three files (options) in the "Toolpaths" window, but only a little spinny thingy is turning next to a note saying "Unavailable, please wait" but nothing happens and the main screen begins and stays devoid of any image - in fact, its still there just spinning after nearly half an hour.

I want to open SVG files (created from Inkscape) that I have run successfully numerous times in the earlier version of OB CAM (on a Win 7 PC) but now trying to open these very same files (even the example "Hello World" file in the updated version on a new(er) Win 10 PC does nothing except for what I noted above.

This has got to be one of those "in your face" errors that I just can't seem to figure out.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If it just spins, one of the values you have entered into toolpath parameters might be blank or not be making sense. Review your cut parameters or provide a Workspace Export for review

3. Rand

Rand New
    Builder

I am not even getting an initial image loaded from the startup screen. So, I am to set a toolpath before I see the image of an imported file?

What I am doing/have done is to start OB CAM (I see a blank page). I click on "file" then select the "Hello World" image to import and watch the spinning thing wiht the "Unavailable" message) and nothing further ever happens.

I did not have this issue with the Win 7 version (which, incidentally, always prompted me to download the update - but didn't/couldn't because I was in Win 7). I have a newer PC with Win 10, downloaded the latest OB CONTROL and reach OB CAM by visiting the OB website - if any of that helps.

Thanks, Peter, for even trying.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Probably unrelated but you are using a proper browser like Chrome?

5. Rand

Rand New
    Builder

I am using Brave on a Win 10 (on a Dell PC), which is also the same browser I use on my Win 7 machine where the example file loaded and worked fine.

I am just not understanding why I can't load the Hello World example. And, since OB CAM is a cloud-based softwae, I don't have the luxury of hoping the solution lies in re-installing the pogram, either. Not much left to do but try eating two eggs for breakfast tomorrow instead of one!

I will try the Chome browser and report any observations that may be useful. (Having hope is 50% of the solution to a problem - the other 90% is knowing someone who knows the answer! LOL) Have a good day!

6. Rand

Rand New
    Builder

Update: I accessed the newer version of OB CAM via Chrome and it worked as I believe it should have in BRAVE. So, apparently, the BRAVE Browser in a Win 10 environment was the culprit - or definitely seems to be the culprit. Its possibly some firewall or security setting in BRAVE, but that search can come later.

I do prefer the BRAVE browser over Chrome for its privacy and security advantages, but will gladly work through the Chrome browser for OB CAM for the time being.

Thanks for bringing up the browser question, Peter!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.